Friday, April 1, 2011

Searching for him...

The ONE thing I was longing for most was to be part of a loving and intimate relationship, to have a SOUL-MATE. I soon realized that I could not have it because of who I was. I first had to submit all of myself to God. He was there waiting for me, always ready to step in and longing to journey with me.  I came to the realization that God is my ultimate Soul-mate and that He alone could provide me with all I needed in life.  A husband next to my side would only be an extension of what I already have with Him in me.  I gave up SEARCHING for ‘him’ but God kept reminding me of my heart's desire… a journal entry in September 2009, “I cannot shake the feeling that my soul-mate is a minister or a missionary, God is this from you?I truly believe God has made the choice this time and therefore I had no hesitation to step out in faith on this journey with my earthly soul-mate, Jakes.  Each day is another day of confirmation… this is where I belong!